MIREO PRIVACY STATEMENT
- by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- by visiting a page on our website (https://www.mireo.hr)
- by phone number (+385 1 6636 966)
- by sending post mail (Buzinski prilaz 32, 10010 Zagreb, Croatia)
SCOPE OF OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT WHEN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLIES
WHEN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLIES
This privacy statement applies to information collected through https://www.mireo.hr and any other websites, mobile apps or other online products and services that display or link to this privacy statement (collectively, “online environments”).
WHEN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT DOES NOT APPLY
This privacy statement does not apply to:
- Websites, mobile apps or other products and services that have their own privacy statement or policy;
- Websites, mobile apps or other products and services that do not display or link to this privacy statement;
- Information collected offline.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information in a few different ways: (i) information you submit or give us permission to obtain; (ii) technical information collected automatically; and (iii) information provided by our partners. Each of these ways is discussed below.
INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT OR GIVE US PERMISSION TO OBTAINWe collect information from you when you choose to provide it to us through our online environments. For example, if you:
- Request a quote, you may provide us with your name, postal address, email address, country, telephone number, business name and information, e-mail, and other information relevant to your request;
- Contact us, you may provide us with your name, email address, phone number, country, job title, company name, the subject of your inquiry, and any additional information you provide;
- Request support or submit an inquiry, you may provide us with information such as your name, email address, phone number, country, job title, company name, contact information, the subject of your inquiry, message content and any other information you choose to provide;
- Sign up to receive information about our products and services, you may provide us with information such as your name, contact information, the product or service you are interested in and any other information you choose to provide; or
- Respond to surveys, you may provide us with your survey responses, contact information and any other information required to complete the survey.
We also collect information from you when you give us permission to access it. For example, if you access our online environments through your desktop, tablet or mobile device browser, you may give us access to location data.
We post customer testimonials and comments on our website, which may contain personal information. We obtain each customer's consent via email prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial.
We may collect certain technical information about your visits to our online environments without you actively submitting such information. This information can make your use of our online environments easier and more meaningful by allowing us to provide better service, customize our online environments based on your preferences, compile statistics, provide you with more relevant advertisements, analyze trends and otherwise administer and improve our online environments. Some of the types of technical information collected automatically when visiting our online environments include:
TECHNICAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
- Log Data. When you use our online environments, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser or mobile device sends whenever you visit or use our online environments. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Mireo features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, geographical location, referral source, length of visit, pages viewed, how you used our online environments and cookie data;
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you are using to access our online environments, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Our advertising vendors and other partners may share with us the information they collect. For example:
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OUR PARTNERS
- Our advertising vendors may share information with us regarding our ads on websites or apps where such ads run to measure and improve those ads, including a list of criteria to use in targeting ads;
- We may obtain information such as business name, business owners, address, email address and telephone numbers from other commercially available sources such as data aggregators, marketing list providers, and other public databases, to provide us with information on prospects who might be interested in Mireo products and services.
- We may also obtain additional information about our existing customers (this is known as “data appending”). This information may include name, demographic information, contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and shopping behavior. Personal information can also include information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.; and
- We may receive information about customers when we acquire part or all of other companies.
We may also combine the information we collect through one or more of our online environments with information we collect through other online environments. We may also combine information collected through our online environments with information collected through our offline environments, as well as with information provided by our partners. We use this consolidated information to help us improve our online environments, products and services, communicate information to you, enhance our marketing and research activities and engage in any other uses described in the “HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT” section below.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to provide our products and services to you, improve our products and services, develop new products and services and protect ourselves and our customers.
If you request a quote from us, the information we collect will be used to generate the quote, and provide you with information about other relevant products and services.
We never sell personal information:
- We will never sell your personal information to any third party.
We also use the information we collect for other legitimate business purposes, such as to:
- Send you advertisements, notices and other information regarding our products and services, including notifying you about special promotions;
- Respond to your inquiries or support requests;
- Invite you to participate in surveys regarding our products or services;
- Furnish and maintain our online environments; and
- Secure our networks and online environments.
We may also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including to:
- Recognize new or past visitors to our online environments;
- Remember your personal preferences;
- Show you more relevant and meaningful advertisements;
- Better understand the interests of our customers and visitors to our online environments; and
- Conduct research and analyze the use of our online environments, products, services and advertisements.
Some of our applications and mobile-optimized online environments may have location-based features. To deliver these features, we may access and use location data provided by your mobile device if you give us permission. Location information will be collected solely to deliver the requested feature, and it will not be further retained or stored by us.
Finally, in certain limited circumstances, we may be called upon to release the information we collect in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We plan to cooperate in responding to such requests, taking appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the potentially-sensitive nature of the information they may receive. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting customers who violate our rules or engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or their property.
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain personal information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
We use common tools, such as cookies and similar technologies (discussed in the “TECHNICAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY” section above), to collect information about your use of our online environments for purposes of enhancing your online experience and delivering more meaningful advertisements. Like many companies, we may also utilize third party advertising vendors and other partners to collect this information.
One way in which we deliver more meaningful advertisements is through a common form of online advertising known as “retargeting” or “remarketing.” Retargeting works by serving ads on one site based on consumer’s online activities on a different site. For example, if you visit pages on our online environments, you may later see advertisements for Mireo products and services when you visit third party websites. To do this, Mireo or our advertising vendors may use a device ID, cookie or similar technology placed by us or the advertising vendor when you visit our online environments or third-party websites or apps. The placing of these cookies or other technologies on your device may enable you to be identified across multiple websites and you should consult the privacy policies of our advertising vendors to understand how they collect and use your data.
Your ability to control the use of tracking tools, such as cookies, and opt-out of retargeting activities is described in the “CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION” section below.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION & OUR RELATIONSHIP TO THIRD PARTIES
We may use third parties to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. We may also use third parties to analyze data collected through our online environments. We will not disclose your personally identifying information to anyone other than our employees and those third parties with whom we have a business relationship. If we allow a third-party vendor to have access to your personally identifying information, we will not authorize them to take it or use it for any purpose that is not consistent with this privacy statement.
We will not sell or disclose any personally identifying information collected from you to an unrelated third party without your express permission, except as explained in this privacy statement.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. As discussed above, we may partner with third party advertising vendors to manage our advertising on other websites and apps. Our advertising vendors may use a device ID, cookie or similar technology to collect information about your activities on our online environments to provide you retargeted ads on other websites and apps. If you do not want this information used for the purpose of serving you retargeted ads, you can opt out here (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). Please note that opting out of receiving retargeted ads will not prevent you from being served advertisements generally.
- Vendors and Suppliers. We have relationships with different vendors and suppliers who help us design and maintain our online environments, systems and computer security, respond to consumer inquiries, fulfill orders, analyze our data, create special promotions and engage in any other information uses described in this privacy statement.
- Legal Requests and Preventing Harm. If we believe that disclosure of information is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Mireo; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Change of Ownership or Control. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this privacy statement.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THIRD PARTIES
- Social Media Plugins. Our online environments may use social media plugins (for example, the Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn buttons) to enable you to visit pages on these social media sites or to easily share information with others. When you visit our online environments, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your device, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our online environments. If you are logged into the social media website (for example, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) while browsing on our online environments, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited our online environments. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You may always limit the amount and type of information that we collect from you by choosing not to enter or provide any information requested from you on our online environments (for example, quotes and support requests can be made through our call center agents). However, some of our products and services can only be provided to you if you provide us with requested information. Some of the products and services offered through our online environments may ask whether you wish to opt out or opt into our contact lists for offers, promotions and additional products and services that may be of interest to you.
You may also be provided with preference questions or preference boxes allowing you to indicate that you do not want our online environments to use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to “remember” the information collected on return visits, such as user IDs or mailing addresses. In addition, you may be able to control the use of tracking tools and limit retargeting activities as follows:
- Controlling Tracking Tools. Most web browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. For more information about cookies and how to refuse them, visit here: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Opting-Out of Retargeting Activities. The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides customers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes and receiving behavioral advertisements from our advertising partners, including retargeting advertisements, click here: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN. Choices you make are both browser and device-specific. Also, certain versions of the iOS operating system permit you to “Limit Ad Tracking” in the system settings, and certain versions of the Android operating system allow you to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” in the system settings.
- To unsubscribe from our communications. You can opt out of marketing emails we may send to you by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in such emails. You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us email us at email@example.com or postal mail to Mireo d.d., Buzinski prilaz 32, 10010 Zagreb, Croatia.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
You can access, change or remove information previously provided to us upon request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Mireo d.d., Buzinski prilaz 32, 10010 Zagreb, Croatia. For record keeping and compliance purposes, we will retain certain information collected from you in conjunction with commercial transactions.
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
We do not knowingly collect or use any information from children (we define “children” as minors younger than 16) on our online environments. We do not knowingly allow children to order our products or services, communicate with us or use any of our online environments. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement without prior notice to reflect technological advancements, legal and regulatory changes and good business practices. If we change our privacy practices, a new privacy statement will reflect those changes and the effective date of the revised privacy statement will be set forth at the top of this privacy statement.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement or the ways in which we use information subject to this statement, please do not hesitate to contact us by:
- E-mailing us at email@example.com; or
- Writing to us at Mireo d.d., Buzinski prilaz 32, 10010 Zagreb, Croatia